WELCOME TO NIPER KOLKATA
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Kolkata (NIPER-K) was created in 2007 under the aegis of Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizer as a centre of excellence for higher education, research and development in pharmaceutical sciences. This followed establishment of NIPER Mohali, which is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. NIPERs are conceived to provide leadership in pharmaceutical sciences and related areas not only within the country, but also to the countries in South East Asia, South Asia and Africa. NIPER is a member of Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities to become a globally recognized brand.
The institute was declared as an Institute of National importance by Government of India through Act of Parliament ( NIPER Act 1998 & NIPER amendment Act 2007).
The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (Amendment) Act, 2007, No.19 of 2007. Registered No. DL-(N)04/0007/2003-07, 3rd April, 2007.
NIPER-Kolkata is constantly aimed to provide prospective students, an excellent atmosphere to high quality education in the area of pharmaceuticals. The Institute aims to inculcate, prepare and empower students/scholars as leaders in pharmaceutical industries, academia. The academic agenda in NIPER-Kolkata includes professional degree programs M.S.(Pharm.) and doctoral programs Ph.D. in four specializations, Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products,Pharmacoinformatics and Pharmacology & Toxicology, to students who have the potential to excel in their respective fields.
- To tone up the level of pharmaceutical education and research .
- To produce leaders in the field and provide opportunities for training of future teachers and research scientists for the industry and the profession .
- To be a center for innovation in pharmaceutical sciences and technology.
- To encourage research and studies in new and emerging areas like discovery of pharmacologically active molecules, cellular and molecular biology, immunology and immunodiagnostics, recombinant DNA technology and monoclonal antibody technology, novel drug delivery systems, chemical and biochemical process technology, etc .
- To provide scientific footing to traditional medicines .